Water removal is essential after your house has been flooded by water. Water is the most damaging elements that can attack your property. Depending on the severity of the flood depends on how your property will be affected. One of the most affected places in your house can be the basement. Depending on the construction of your basement it can be difficult to remove the water and completely dry out the basement without special equipment.
A flooded basement can be the perfect place for mold growth to begin. If the water seeps in the crack of the wall it can damage your whole house. After a flood you have to act fast to prevent damage. Try to rinse and dry your house as soon as possible. Because we know mold can grow within 48 hours.
In flood damage cleanup you’ll need to dry the surface completely and quickly. You can use old newspaper and fans to dry the floor. If possible you can use sump pump to extract the water. There are some ways that you can prevent after flood damage:
- Remove the things such as carpet, rags that are affected by water from your house and dry it outside.
- Remove the drywall which is affected by water
- Clean all the dirt, by water, sticking to your wall and furniture.
- Wash and wipe down all surface with fresh water and disinfectant.
- Ventilate and dehumidify your house until it is completely dry.
If you are unable to do those types of hectic job then there are many professionals water extraction companies which specialize in water removal and after flood mold removal. They are aware of different condition and they can make a customize plan according to the requirements to protect you and your family.