toxic-mold-symptoms

The Process of Mold Removal

Mold and mildew is tenacious and unwanted guest in your home or office. They usually start to invade your property due to some type of moisture issue. We see a variety of household molds which many can produce toxins called myotoxins. One of the most aggressive molds is stachybotrysatra, which can not only cause structural damage to your property but can impact your family’s health. Without mold testing it is difficult to tell the difference between toxin and benign mold.

The myotoxins can cause serious breathing problems, memory and hearing loss, dizziness, flu like symptoms and bleeding into the lungs.We know that individuals withany type of autoimmune conditions, the elderly, infants, and pregnant women are at highest risk for developing these toxic mold symptoms.

Mold and mildew typically grows in damp places, behind walls, under floors, above ceiling tiles, particle board or accumulation of organic materials inside air-conditioning and getting systems. Water is the key ingredient for it to take root and spread. Mold and mildew can start to grow with 48 hours of any type of water incident. Prevention is the key to prevent mold and mildew. Should you have any type of water occurrence it is critical to cleanit upcompletely and within 24 hours.

Regardless of the type of mold in your home safety for you and your family should be the number one concern. Visit moldremoval.net where you will find an over 200 videos and articles relating to your indoor air quality. Should you see mold, have a musty pungent odor that you cannot get rid of, or someone in your family is sick and they are not getting better you should consider having an industrial hygienist or certified mold tester conduct an assessment of your indoor air quality.

When you have your house tested for mold they will do a complete visual inspection and take various surface and air samples of both inside and the outside of your home. They will use specialized equipment looking for hidden moisture and mold. Once they have collected the appropriate samples of mold they will be sent to a certified lab for analysis.  The report will show the types of mold and the spore count for each sample taken. This report in conjunction with the visual inspection will determine what is needed to restore your indoor air quality to acceptable limits.

The process of mold removal is mold remediation or mold abatement. When you remove the mold you should consider hiring a professional certified mold remediator who has the necessary equipment, training to notonly to remove the mold but follow the guideline to keep the mold contained to the infected areas during the process.

When the mold has been successfully removed you should not be able to see any visible mold, your property should not have any musty smell. The last thing you should do is have a post clearance mold test done. This will indicate that you have no toxic mold and your indoor air quality levels are at acceptable for you to live.

Be Sociable, Share!