Toxic Mold Removal

What is the health risks associated with Toxic Mold?

We are seeing an increase number in toxic mold cases, mostly due to the growing knowledge if the dangers associated with it. The Environmental Assessment Association is reporting the concern in mounting as the medical field is gaining knowledge regarding the effects and the problems toxic mold can cause.

Stachybotrys mold is known more as black mold or toxic mold and is typically a greenish-black fungus that is found throughout the world. This mold can drastically impact not only the structure of your property but your health. No house is exempt from toxic mold regardless of how palatial it is or how clean your property .StachybotrysChartatum thrives in areas where humidity is above 50%. Their food of choice includes materials high in cellouse, wall paper glue, wet leaves, carpet, wallpaper, thermal insulation, fiberboard, dry wall, gypsum board, paper, and other organic materials.

The two ingredients necessary for mold to grow and spread its toxic spores are increased moisture and a food source.  All of the above examples have one thing in common which is the propensity to become chronically moist or water soaked due to a flood, water leak or chronic increased humidity. When you keep your humidity below 50% you have a better chance of avoiding any mold and mildew problems. Visit moldremoval.net for a complete list of articles and videos regarding your indoor air quality.

StachybotrysChartarum is dangerous to individuals because it produces toxins which are called mycotoxins which can be harmful and cause allergic reactions. These microscopic spores can become airborne and can land on almost anything and can easily be inhaled or ingested. This toxic mold first became known in Russia with Agricultural and farm workers who handled moist wet hay. Common symptoms may include a cough that gets progressively worse over time leading to wheezing, runny nose, irritations to the eyes or nose, skin rash, headaches, diarrhea, or heart palpitations

Health risk associated with this toxic mold depends on many factors including the length of exposure, the spore count, health status of the individuals exposed and the type of mold. If you have reason to believe you have problems with your indoor air quality you should see a certified specialist who will visit your property, collect samples which will be sent to a certified lab to confirm the types of mold and the spore count. Failure to remove the mold can be dangerous to your health and the structure of your property.

Removing Stachybotrys mold can be trick and should be done by an experienced certified mold remediation specialist. Often times this mold is hidden behind walls, in the insulation, or under floorboard which often requires special thermal imaging equipment. Once the mold is removed a follow up post clearance is necessary to document that the toxic mold has been successfully as evidence by a significant decrease in the spore counts form specimens taken. Prevention is the key to keep your indoor air quality free from toxic mold. For additional articles regarding your indoor air quality visit moldremoval.net

Be Sociable, Share!