Mold-testing-service (6)

Mold and The Elderly

When it comes to the aging or the geriatric population we think of a variety of medical conditions that threats their health.  We often think of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, all the misers and other conditions that are commonly associated with being a senior. One thing that is not often though of the impact that indoor mold can cause. Anyone over the age of 50 is considered a high risk when they are exposed to mold that can cause serious medical concerns.

As we age our immune system and other body defenses has the potential to weaken, which makes our body more susceptible to certain illnesses or conditions. When you are exposed to mold spores they can enter your body via breathing, food which can cause one to become sick. The severity depends on the type of mold, the spore count, length of exposure, and the health of the individual.

Mold is a living organism that grows, thrives and spreads in warm, moist areas of your property. Often times the first indication that something is wrong with your indoor air quality is that pungent odor that keeps coming back regardless of what type of cleaning supplies, or the vigorous vacuuming that you do. This is true especially when you have mold growing inside a wall as a result of an unseen plumbing leak. Mold can not only cause damage to the structure of your home it is dangerous to breathe and should be removed as soon as you identify its presence by a team of professionals.

Mold releases spores and this is what causes the individual to have some type of allergic reactions. Some common symptoms you may have are: congestion, nasal congestion, sore throat, wheezing, skin irritation, itchy eyes, and headaches to name a few.

When it comes to medical condition that has the potential to result from the elderly and mold exposure would include Asthma, bronchitis, lung infections, lung cancer, esophageal cancer, or chronic sinusitis or skin irritations. Visit moldremoval.net where you will find hundreds of articles and videos relating to your indoor air quality.

Each person reacts different in their sensitivity to airborne mold spores. We know that excessive to mold is not healthy for anyone inside building especially the elderly. If you are concerned about the quality of your indoor air quality you should consider having a certified mold tester or industrial hygienist visit your property.

r

They will do a complete history and physical exam and collect various surface and air samples inside and outside your property which will be sent to a certified property for analysis. This will give you peace of mind of what is going on with your property. The testing will identify the types of mold and make recommendations on what is needed to restore your indoor air quality back to acceptable levels. Should mold removal be necessary they will help develop a mold protocol, which will detail the mold removal phase. Once the mold is removed a post follow up mold test should be done to ensure hat your indoor air quality is back to acceptable levels.

Be Sociable, Share!